Sunday, May 08, 2005

You should Contact Us in order to Contact Us

Trying to determine benefits available to a family member, I encountered this gem in the official Federal government employee benefits Web site (emphasis added):

The Office of Personnel Management does not recognize Powers of Attorney filings. If you are responsible for the care or custody of a person who is either mentally or physically unable to handle his or her own money, you should contact us as soon as possible. Contact us to determine how to reach us. We will give you full instructions on what to do to take care of the benefits. You should provide the claim number, name, and Social Security Number of the disabled person as well as the name and address of the responsible person.

Ya can't make this stuff up:

No comments: