Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A one-way conversation with Congressman Mike Rogers

Congressman Mike Rogers, in whose district I live, sent out a political mailing just before the State of the Union address. I questioned the timing and the content of his message, so I hit Reply and typed him my thoughts. This robotic reply came back:

Dear Friend:

Thank you for your electronic message. I appreciate you contacting my office.

This mailbox is for outgoing mail only and is unattended. If you have comments, questions, or concerns, please email me through my website at
http://www.mikerogers.house.gov/Contact.aspx or call my toll-free number at 877-333-MIKE.

If you wish to remove your name from my Legislative Email Update list, please click on this link:
http://www.mikerogers.house.gov/unsubscribe.aspx

Again, thank you for your message. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Mike Rogers
Member of Congress


I grumbled about the temerity of the Congressman sending constituents e-mail from a mailbox that wouldn't accept replies, and I pasted my message into the Web form. Wouldn't you know that the Web form also isn't open for business: