Monday, August 01, 2005

McDonald's offers a tap instead of a swipe

Recently I noticed a new device on the counter at the local McDonald's near campus:



Look closely. This credit card terminal lets you swipe your card - as expected - and it lets you tap your card.



The oil company Mobil pioneered the concept years ago, with a small device you could easily put on your key ring. Hold your key ring with a smal special RFID device near the gas pump, and it authorizes a claim against your credit card. Now McDonald's and the credit card industry have caught up.

Fast food; fast payment. It's coming, and soon.

7 comments:

TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

heropoo said...

We had been blogging trying to find how our world sees credit card processing. It has been a lifeline for us. Your site provides some of the best examples of this sort and we will bookmark yours. Another one we found was and appears to be related to yours is credit card processing site/blog. It pretty much covers credit card processing related stuff.

startonline said...

This is a excellent blog. Keep it going.

This may be of interest to you... I have a fixed rate credit card web portal. It pretty much covers fixed rate credit card stuff.

I'll be sure to come back.

Johnjon said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about internet make money online profit You should check it out sometime.

Adult Personals said...

Hey i got here searching for affiliate associate program
Your sites not too bad!

You got good rankings for them keywords affiliate associate program

Check out my site
affiliate associate program

haidi said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **Make Big Money**blog. It pretty much covers Make Big Money articles related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

shannon said...

that tap thing at mcdonalds doesn't work for me. i don't know why, maybe i don't have the right kind of card. if you ask me, all these little gimmicky credit card processing things are just putting people in more debt. credit cards are for emergencies... mcdonalds is not an emergency!!